Monday, April 16, 2012

Are You Getting Enough Dietary Fiber?


Getting enough dietary fiber is important in our daily diet.  Are you getting enough?  How do you know if you are getting enough and how do you know which types of fiber you should be filling up on?  I found a great article about fiber at Webmd.com and wanted to share it with you.  I hope you will find the article as helpful as I did! In this age of confusing nutritional and diet information I hope this helps clear some confusion for you!

Fiber: Give Yourself a Fresh Start for Health
Just a few changes of habit can give a big boost to your diet's fiber profile.
By 
WebMD Feature
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

We hear it on all fronts: We need more fiber in our daily diet. The questions for most of us: How much do I need, and exactly how do I get it?
If you think the answers involve unreachable goals and endless raw veggies, fear not. Boosting your dietary fiber is as easy as acquiring a few simple habits and as delicious as eating the meals you already love.
FOR THE REST OF THE ARTICLE GO HERE:
www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/fiber-give-yourself-fresh-start-for-health

Now that you've read the article, will you be making any changes to your current diet?  Will you be adding fiber or are you already getting enough?  I find that increasing the fiber in my diet is helpful for many things, such as aiding in digestion, lowering my cholesterol and making me feel full between meals.  How does fiber help you?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments: