Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Nutty Egg Substitute!

I know there are plenty of people out there who are limiting their intake of eggs for many reasons;  allergies, cholesterol, vegan diet, just to name a few.  I found an awesome egg substitute for baking that adds protein and works better as an egg substitute than using plain egg whites.  I found this recipe on www.sparkpeople.com, a site that has a plethora of information on healthy eating, and wanted to share it with you!  Here it is...

Flax Seed Egg Replacer (For Baking Only)

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. ground flax seed
6 tbsp. water

Directions:
Mix flax seed and water.  Microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir well, then microwave for another 30 seconds.  Stir again.

This recipe equals 2 eggs and can be easily adjusted for any recipe.

Happy Baking and let me know how you like the flax seed replacer!  I find it works AWESOME in quick breads, such as pumpkin or zucchini, and you'll never miss the egg!

No comments: